Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Empty nesters

Thanks, Becky, you write like you talk---very friendly and helpful. I'm glad to know we are doing OK, as the past 4 or 5 days have been the least losses plus small gains of .2 or .4. I think I just wrote 550 calories, but I was thinking 500. I always cook enough chicken fish, or beef roast for several servings, so I don't worry about weighing it until I serve it. I weigh out 70 to 80 grams of protein per serving, plus a handful of veggies---what I was concerned about is when I steam spinach I use more like 2 handfuls---or else there wouldn't be much on our plates---the fresh veggies defintely appear as more---but I don't think the extra spinach should cause a problem. Getting the pounds off has been strong enough motivation for both of us to make sticking with this plan worth it!
My husband and I want to go for the 40-day this first round. Today (Monday for a few more minutes) is day 23. We have taken drops each day, as we didn't know for sure if we would stop at this point---but we are feeling good and want to go the 40 days which leaves us 17 more days, So---seeing what my weight has done each day, would you suggest we skip HCG drops say on Wed. the 11th (day 25) and then skip again 7 days later on Wed. the 18th (day 32) and then continue HCG drops daily until Thurs. the 26th (day 40)? Or would you suggest we just keep taking the HCG daily through day 40? With the 40-day plan, do you stop HCG drops on day 40 and then have the same 3-day "holding plan" of staying on the 500 calories/day while the HCG leaves the body---and then you start the 6 weeks of maintenance?
I see what you mean about the 6 weeks of maintenance vs. 8 weeks off. Right now I think I will want to eat carefully as you suggested by adding what's legal, with the plan being to go back to the HCG and 500 calories again in 6 weeks. Maybe by the time we need to make that decision, your blog will let us see how others are doing as they make different choices. Ted and I have journaled in the book each day and kept notes on everything in a quick & easy way---which your spacing provides, and we are sure glad we did!
One complication for me has been some constipation which didn't become a problem until about 4 or 5 days ago---and then some help was needed to get the cement moving! I've noticed BM's started disappearing on a daily basis and went to every 4 or 5 days, and got firmer with time. This last episode needed some help so I took a Ducolax which did the trick. The only time I've been constipated that I can remember was after 2 surgeries (in 2004 and 2007). Is there something that can be taken during this 40-day process that will help avoid the constipation?

Thanks for your time in answering our questions as we continue our journey!
Empty Nesters,
Mesa, AZ

1 comment:

  1. Dear Empty Nesters,
    Here are some answers to your questions:
    A: I tell people not to double the spinach. I eat it raw like a salad just for the fact that it shrinks too dang much! However you can choose however it works for you.
    A: I have had to go longer this time also because I wasn't drinking enough water all last week. I have stayed on the drops without skipping and am still loosing. So Probably I would go ahead and start to skip a day this coming Sunday until you hit day 37. You are absolutely correct in continuing on the 500 cal's until day 40. you should continue to lose during those 3 days.
    A: I struggled with constipation sooooo much the first time. I went 10 days! I wasn't uncomfortable, I just thought that it might be keeping added weight on me. I have recently found an amazing Herbal Tea call "Dr. Miller's Holy Tea" it is the most amazing thing I have found for this. It is a complete cleanse with out being uncomfortable at all! I had used the Smooth Move tea at Sprouts and it was painful for almost 6 hours!
    Dr. Millers retails from $25-$60 plus shipping per month on various websites. I purchased some in bulk and so if you would like to try a week's worth you can get it from me for $ 7.50. You will LOVE it! I will probably take this forever! http://www.drmillerstea.com/
    A:Yes I do have some on hand. And Remember, we give a $25 credit for referrals...at least for now!
    Good Luck!
    Becky K

    ReplyDelete